How to Play Uno Online
There are various strategies you can use to maximize your chances of winning at Uno. The main principle is to get rid of all your cards before everyone else. You do that by matching the color or number of the card placed down before yours. If you don't have a playable card, you must draw cards from the pile until you do.
When you have one card left, you must press the "1" button, otherwise you will be punished with two penalty cards!
Action cards add an extra level of strategy to Uno. There are five action card types in an Uno deck. These are:
- Skip card - the next player in the sequence misses a turn.
- Reverse - reverses the direction of play.
- Draw two - the next player draws two cards and misses one turn.
- Wild card - lets the player choose what color to play.
- Draw four - declare the next color to match, and force the next player to draw four cards.
Games Similar to Uno Online
Since its release, there have been several versions of Uno released, as well as entirely new card games. Phase 10 is another popular Mattel card game. You can play it online against other players too!
See our extensive collection of card games.
Uno is a card game developed by Merle Robbins in 1971. He sold the rights to the game for $50,000, to a company that was bought out by Mattel in 1992.
Over the years, it's grown to become one of the most recognizable card games. There are now 100s of themed variations of the game based on anything from football to movies, some with slightly different rules and special cards.