Wordmeister is an English word game similar to Scrabble. Use the letters provided and create words on the board to score points.
How to Play Wordmeister
Who goes first?
The game starts with both players being randomly assigned a letter. The player with the letter that comes first in the alphabet gets the first turn.
Make words to earn points
Place your letters on the board to form a word. Your words can be two or more characters long, and each letter has a score assigned to it. The trickier letters tend to have a higher value. Any word from the official Scrabble dictionary is accepted in Wordmeister. The game ends when there are no tiles left or when both players cannot make a word.
Word and letter bonuses
You’ll notice there are different colored squares on the board. They provide the following bonuses:
- Blue = doubles the value of the letter on the square
- Green = triples the value of the letter on the square
- Orange = doubles the value of the word
- Red = triples the value of the word
Can’t think of a word?
If you’re really stuck, you can use your turn to swap as many letters as you want for new ones. You can also skip your turn or shuffle the letters for some creative inspiration.
- Concise in-game tutorial helps get you started
- See the points earned for each word in game panel
- The amount of tiles left in the bag is shown in the bottom left corner
- Both players’ scores are displayed in the top right corner
More Games Like This
If you love Wordmeister, check out our word games for more word puzzles and challenges! Other popular choices include Text Twist, Word Wipe, and Crossword Connect.
Web browser (desktop and mobile)
Drag the left mouse button to move the letters.