Paper Minecraft brings the legendary Minecraft into a 2D world. Choose your character and preferred game mode to jump into the fun! This Scratch game features the classic survival and creative modes from the original Minecraft game.
Play the best 2D Minecraft game
About Paper Minecraft
If you’re on this page, the chances are you’ll need little introduction to how Minecraft works. The game is a staple of every modern gamers diet. Well, Paper Minecraft is pretty much the same, but set on a 2D plane like Terraria. If you really have never played Minecraft before, here’s how it works…
An unlimited supply of tools and building materials are available in creative mode. You can fly around the biomes exploring various terrains like woods, water, rock, and fields. This game mode is perfect if all you want to do is build cool stuff and share your creations without having to worry about surviving.
Survival mode requires skill and ingenuity to survive. You start with nothing in this mode and must utilize the natural environment to protect yourself from monsters that roam the night. Farm animals and crops for sustenance, mine resources to create weaponry, and build defenses to keep yourself safe.
- The ultimate free 2D Minecraft game
- Features survival and creative game modes
- Build, create, and survive in this superb browser game
- The original Paper Minecraft from Scratch
Paper Minecraft is a web browser game. It was made using Scratch, an amazing free tool developed at MIT to learn how to develop games.
This game is made by a fan of the popular Mojang-developed Minecraft game. This version is made by Griffpatch, you can check the developer's YouTube channel.
May 2013 (updated continuously since then)
- AD or left and right arrow keys to move
- W or up arrow key to jump
- Left-click to dig or place blocks
- E to open inventory or chests
- F to eat and hold an item
- Space to split an item from the stack in the crafting menu