Minecraft Classic is an online version of the famous open-world sandbox building game. It is a remake of the original Minecraft and was released for its 10th anniversary by the developer Mojang. In the game, players can build in creative mode using 32 available blocks. The game has a multiplayer feature so you can play with up to 8 friends.
Minecraft was first released to the public on 17 May 2009. Today it is published in the exact state of its initial release. This means that there are only 32 blocks that you can build with, and all the original bugs are in there! So if you are used to the latest version, it can be quite a shock to see how the game has evolved. To quote Tom Stone from Mojang "With just 32 blocks to build with, all the original bugs, and an (inter)face only a mother could love, Minecraft 2009 is even more glorious than we remembered!"
The Classic version was the first development stage that had some of its versions released to the public. It was initially named "Minecraft Alpha". So it is the version before all the updates and expansions.
- To start with, you only have 32 blocks so your building capacities will be limited.
- There are no monsters or enemies in this version. So there is no need to worry if you'll be home before dark.
- In the old days, sand blocks were rare and only appeared in one block-thick beaches. So don't waste your sand blocks!
- In the classic version, the arms of the character wings wildly around when you are walking. It's hilarious!
Since its first release, Minecraft is one of the most popular video games ever. Today it is one of the top mobile games in the Google Play Store and the Apple store! It also sparked a whole category of games. The game was bought in 2014 by Microsoft for 2.5 billion dollars.
Releasing Minecraft Classic has given the game a resurgence. The creative mode gives players the opportunity to build whatever they can imagine. Maybe a castle complete with moat and working drawbridge. Maybe a huge cityscape complete with skyscrapers and public parks. The possibilities are endless and the game has fantastic longevity.
This game has become even more popular due to well-known YouTubers such as PewDiePie and Lazarbeam creating Minecraft classic content. These videos draw millions of views and help players learn about the game. Why not jump into creative mode and give this classic a try?
This game is made by Mojang, a Swedish game developer studio based in Stockholm.
- Free online multiplayer version of the classic Minecraft
- Three world sizes
- Various block options
- Fog system
- Fullscreen mode available
- Web browser
- WASD to move
- Left-click to destroy / place blocks
- Right-click to toggle build mode
- Number keys to choose blocks
- Enter to save the position
- R to load the position
- B to open blocks menu
- T to chat
- F to toggle fog
Can you play Minecraft Classic for free?
Do you need to download Minecraft?
How to play Minecraft online?
- Go to CrazyGames.com and select Minecraft Classic
- Pick a username and click start
- Start building
- Select 'Controls' to check all the different controls