Jump and fly your way past streams of obstacles in this rhythm-based platformer. Dodge obstacles in lockstep with awesome music! Take advantage of special portals to change your speed and mode of transport. Don't mess up, or it's back to the start. This is a game that will win your heart, then break it many times over. It is rewarding to reach the finish line, though!
Each new level provides an array of new obstacles, music, and a colorful aesthetic style that will compel you to play more. Geometry Dash starts hard and finishes off even harder, with "Deadlocked" being the final level and an incredibly challenging play-through!
Geometry Dash History
According to the developer, Geometry Dash started without a clear vision. It could have moved in any direction. It just started as a template with a cube that could crash and jump. Some of the gameplay was inspired by the impossible game.
When the game was first launched, it was called Geometry Jump and only has seven levels. Later on, it was renamed to "Geometry Dash." Currently, there are four free versions of the game, one being "Geometry Dash Lite," which now includes the first 13 levels from the full version.
When initially launched, the game received positive reviews from critics. Softpedia praised the game's style, saying, "While it can get a bit frustrating sometimes, you can always complete the stages using the practice mode and then jump into the many different user-generated levels."
148Apps' review stated, "Geometry Dash provides all of the challenge expected from an "impossible" game while also making it more accessible to newcomers."
The game quickly gained popularity around the world. In Canada, it was the most popular paid iPhone app in June 2014.
- The best advice is to time your moves on-beat with the music.
- Be calm. The game will be much easier if you aren't stressed out!
- Practice! Over time you will pick up the subtle movements you need to get further.
- Share your achievements with others and learn from other gamers.
- Challenging levels that vary in difficulty from hard to almost impossible
- Simple controls make the game intuitive to learn from the start
- Excellent music that compels you to reach the next part of the track
- Fun gameplay synced to the beat!
AppAdvice - "Geometry Dash is a fast-paced platformer that will leave you screaming in frustration, but you'll keep coming back for more."
DroidGamers - "Geometry Dash isn't your typical rhythm-based game, it actually requires skill on top of good timing."
Metacritic - "Geometry Dash is a really good and extremely challenging game. While it can get a bit frustrating sometimes, you can always complete the stages using the practice mode and then jump into the many different user-generated levels."
Geometry Dash is available across all platforms: web, Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
The game was created by RobTop games for mobile, before being ported to PC as Geometry Dash Online.
- SPACE/UP Arrow = Jump
- HOLD DOWN SPACE/UP Arrow = Multi-jump
- UP Arrow = Steer vehicle up
- DOWN Arrow = Steer vehicle down